Do you have trouble getting information from your clients? When we ask this question to bookkeepers and accountants, the answer is almost always a resounding laugh along with an overwhelming YES!
Nothing’s worse than missing information when it comes to keeping your clients bookkeeping up to date. Without the correct and up to date information, it’s nearly impossible to get a fully accurate and clear financial picture.
Yes, our clients are small business owners who are busy running their businesses. Some are very diligent at providing accurate information in a timely manner, while others require constant reminders, follow-ups, and maybe evening some nagging. This can take up a lot of time and energy, and requires YOU to keep track of emails, phone calls, who still needs to send in information, and any deadlines coming up. You could be doing more productive tasks with your valuable time.
So what’s the solution? Technology is certainly helping. Having access to bank feeds in cloud accounting software gives you additional information you may not have had until you received the bank and credit statements at the end of the month. However, there’s still a plethora of additional documents and statements that existing technology either does not cover, or is not a fit for your client.
That’s why we’ve added a feature to email automated reminders to your clients to request all relevant documents you need. This feature is independent of any accounting software, meaning you are free to use this method whether your client’s files are QuickBooks, Sage, or other applications.
What’s in it for me?
- It saves you the time spent on sending all those reminders out. Imagine if you even spend 5 minutes on this task per week and you have 10 clients, it’s already 1 hour of your time freed up.
- It takes the feeling that you’re nagging your client out of the equation. The outgoing emails get set up by you once are then automated and fully customizable, running in the background at a frequency you choose.
- Most importantly, it encourages your client to take action.
How it works:
- You decide which clients you would like to request documents from
- Client receives an email from you to remind them what information you need and when you need it.
- Client uploads or forwards all information to LedgerDocs. You will get an email if you are subscribed to LedgerDocs Daily Notifications to notify you of the upload
- Process repeats according to the reminder schedule you set
- From your Company, go to the Request Documents tab
- Add your recipients and subject line to your email
- Specify a list of documents you are requesting. Click add more if you are requesting more than 1.
- Type in message. Optional Tip: include a due date!
- Schedule your message – you can set up weekly, monthly, quarterly, or yearly reminders and choose the time you would like your reminder sent
- Once you’re done, click the Send or Schedule button and you’re all set!
Using this tool will not only save you time, it will save you the anxiety of having to constantly remember and remind your clients on what you need from them. Imagine this process being on autopilot, working in the background.
Have feedback? Let us know!
30 Minute Webinar — Learn how LedgerDocs can streamline your accounting today.