Here at LedgerDocs HQ, excitement is building ahead of this year’s IPBC Ignite Conference next week. With over 40 speaking events to attend and the opportunity to chat with representatives from the industry (including LedgerDocs!), this conference is a great way for bookkeepers and accountants to network and get up to date on the industry’s latest trends.
With so many great speakers and topics, it is almost impossible to choose which discussions to attend. To help you make the most of your conference experience, our team reviewed the speaker lineup and put together a list of the 8 talks that we are most excited to see at IPBC.
Wednesday 28th September
• 1.15pm – Bryan Tritt and Leandro Dumlao: Bryan is senior communications manager at Intuit and Leandro is senior manager of digital strategy. The topic of their talk is “Intuit: The Firm of the Future Digital Toolbox”. This talk is sure to give some great insights into what apps and tools bookkeepers and accountants should be using alongside QuickBooks Online.
Thursday 29th September
• 8.00am – Scott Zandbergen: Scott is group marketing manager at Intuit and he will be speaking on the topic “Automated Data Entry and the Bookkeeping Industry”. This discussion will feature our very own Wayne Zielke, CEO of LedgersOnline and LedgerDocs, who will be talking to Scott about his own experiences of growing his practice and which strategies contributed most to the success of his business. He will be joined by Marnie Stretch, Intuit Proadvisor, and Tracy Lampron who is a professional bookkeeper and runs Lampron Bookkeeping Services.
• 2.30pm – Guy Pearson: Guy is representing Practice Ignition and will be speaking on the topic “A New Era, A New Business Model: Cloud Practices and their Key Performance Metrics”. With cloud practices changing the way we do business and measure success, this talk will be useful to virtual bookkeepers and accountants.
Friday 30th September
• 9.15am – Patricia Sawatzky: Patricia represents Tap Bookkeeping and the topic of her talk is “Lessons Learnt Growing My Business; The Ups, Downs and Insights”. This talk will be particularly relevant to those of you who are running your own bookkeeping or accounting practice.
• 11.45am – Chris Fudge: Chris is a business unit leader at Intuit and will be a keynote speaker on the topic “Staying Relevant in the Era of Cloud Bookkeeping”. With over 4 years’ experience working in Intuit alone, Chris is sure to deliver valuable insights into how you can maximize your cloud bookkeeping practice.
• 2.30pm – Chad Davis: Chad is co-founder of LiveCA and his topic of discussion is “How the Connected Bookkeeper Stays Ahead” with a particular focus on Xero software. Chad’s goal for his clients is to help them transition their accounting to an online platform. Make this talk top of your list if you are in the process of moving your practice online.
• 4.15pm – Jean-Guy Talbot: Jean represents ReveNew Practice Management coaching team. His topic, “Negotiating”, will deliver insights and tips on how to negotiate effectively and is highly relevant to business owners and decision makers.
Saturday 1st October
• 8.30am – Ajay Gomes: Ajay is the national channel manager at ADP and he will be discussing “How Payroll can Make Money for You”. With over 11 years’ experience working at ADP, Ajay will be delivering valuable tips on how to handle your client’s payroll.
Don’t forget to check us out at our IPBC booth to find out more about how LedgerDocs can help you manage your important financial documents securely and efficiently. There’ll be prizes up for grabs and an opportunity for you to ask our LedgerDocs team questions.